US Special Envoy Jared Kushner says significant progress made on proposed Gaza ceasefire plan.

US Special Envoy Jared Kushner says significant progress was made during his nearly four-hour meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the proposed Gaza ceasefire plan.

Mr. Kushner said the discussions focused on the reconstruction of Gaza, demilitarisation and Israel’s security concerns.

He said several concerns raised by Mr. Netanyahu and his team were addressed during the meeting. He added that misunderstandings and what he described as misinformation surrounding the proposed plan were also clarified.

Mr. Kushner said the United States remains committed to rebuilding Gaza, but reconstruction would not begin until demilitarisation takes place.

Earlier, Mr. Kushner had urged Prime Minister Netanyahu to advance the Trump-backed Gaza ceasefire proposal and not create obstacles to the stalled peace plan, according to an Israeli source familiar with the discussions.

The meeting came after Mr. Netanyahu rejected the Trump administration’s 15-point Gaza ceasefire plan announced earlier this month. Mr. Kushner also met Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya in El Alamein, Egypt, on Sunday.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.